In the photographs above, custom Tor Force 2.0. The actual bike will vary from the photographs.
Velocite Tor is our answer to a go anywhere bike. With 42mm tire clearance, disc brakes, bolt through axles front and rear, the Tor will indeed take you down any road, or path or singletrack that you spot as you explore, very quickly. This also means that the Velocite Tor is a race ready cyclocross bike that can handle any race conditions.
- Monocoque unidirectional (UD) high modulus blend carbon fiber composite
- Internal Di2 or cable routing with weather sealing
- Disc brake only 12x142mm rear axle, 15x100mm front axle with removable alloy inserts
- Asymmetric, tapered head tube 1 1/8” top, 1.5” bottom
- BSA/ISO 68mm bottom bracket
- Carbon fiber head tube angular contact headset races
- Carbon dropouts
- “Mud knife” seat stay yoke that controls excess mud buildup on the rear tire
- Unmatched torsional stiffness in its class
- Frame Weight: 1200-1350g
We designed the Tor frame to form a versatile foundation for a multi role bike. The geometry is that of a high performance cyclocross bike ensuring fantastic handling. Tire clearance is a generous 42mm which allows the use of wider profile tires, and provides ample clearance for mud when riding or racing in wet conditions, off road. A special feature engineered into the frame is the mud removal device that we call the mud knife. In place of a brake bridge we put in a carbon blade which effectively shaves off excess debris buildup on your tire before it starts causing problems.
As the Tor is a true Velocite frame, we had to make sure that it delivers our trademark torsional stiffness and confidence inspiring handling in challenging conditions. The carbon fiber layup is thus optimized to resist torsion, while 142mm wide rear dropouts with a 12mm Shimano E-Thru axle ensure that the rear end of the bike will always point where you intended it to. On the front an oversize Bolt fork makes use of a 15mm through axle guaranteeing predictable tracking and handling no matter what.
Lastly, as the Tor is intended for all weather high performance multi role riding we added rubber gaskets to the rear derailleur cable exit routing, and to the BB mounted carbon fiber access plate to keep water and mud well away from your shift cables or electronics.
No posts found